Do you wonder what visitors to Penticton are saying about Skaha Lake Park? I did, so I looked online and found TripAdvisor.ca. Here are the first 10 comments that I grabbed from that website:
• Clean water for swimming, nice sand for building sandcastles, my children enjoyed playing in the water and playing on the beach.
• The beach was nice, so was the park, I saw people renting paddle boards, and other “toys” but I enjoyed the sun and water.
• Clean, green, pristine. Big park with nice trees and emerald-green grassy lawns. Very clean amenities and public washrooms. Lots of activities for both adults and kids. Popular place to hang out with friends on a hot sunny summer day. Highly recommend to visit.
• Wonderful park for children, long walkway, sandy beach with some trees for shade, washrooms and change rooms
• Great beach, well maintained, perfect for families, not too crowded during the week. A must for beach lovers!
• My wife and I have fond memories of Skaha beach because we visited it before we got married and had such a good time.
• Took my kids to the beach in the evening and it was very relaxing. Nice clean sandy beach and even had a little slide for the kids to slide down into the water!
• Loved the beach at Skaha Lake Park. The area had lots of grass and sandy beach area also was very clean! We enjoyed the afternoon there and had a picnic lunch. The swimming was great on such a hot day in Penticton. Hope to return next summer for sure!!
• This is the pride of my home. I live very close and walk thru often. It is such a wonderful family place.
• Shade, grass, tables, beach access, free parking, quiet. Nicely located near Skaha Beach and short walk to the canal.
The rest of the 35 comments are very similar to these and fairly recent, 2014/2015 You can check them out for yourself online.